ACE TESOL Certificate
TESOL Certificate Program- Now enrolling Full time May, 2020 and part Time February 11, 2020
The ACE TESOL Certificate Program offered at London Language Institute is an ESL teacher training course with 100 hours of classroom instruction and a 20-hour supervised practicum.
Using the ACE Method, trainees explore teaching, learning and language through task-based, participatory and interactive experiences. The content is based upon the most recent research in language acquisition and language education.
The following topics are covered in the course:
– Teaching and learning theory
– Current methodology
– Lesson and Unit Planning
– Teaching Language Systems (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, functions)
– Language Skills (speaking, listening, writing, reading)
– Testing and Evaluation
– Preparing Students for Standardized Tests (CAEL, TOEFL, TOEIC)
Candidates are assessed on the following: an observation report, grammar knowledge and usage, a unit plan, a lesson plan, and individual teaching. Certification is achieved at a pass, high pass or distinction level.
The ACE TESOL Certificate offered at London Language Institute meets the guidelines of TESL Canada.
At minimum, all applicants must possess a secondary school diploma. It is recommended that applicants possess an undergraduate degree. Applicants without an undergraduate degree may be accepted, but will not qualify for TESL Canada certification.
Non-native speakers of English who wish to apply for TESL Canada Level One Certification must demonstrate English proficiency by one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT: 101 overall with a minimum score of 23 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Speaking and 27 in Writing of 20 in each area
- IELTS: 7.0 overall, with a minimum of 7.0 in each skill area
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from a university in one of the following countries: Canada, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cameroon, Dominica, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, Nigeria, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, Saint Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St.Vincent, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, United States, Uganda, US Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Potential students may complete an in-house assessment test at LLI, or complete the AP1 level at LLI; however will not qualify for TESL Canada certification unless one of the above-mentioned proficiency requirements are met.
The total cost of the ACE TESOL Certificate program is $1560. Participants will be required to purchase textbooks for the course.
The program is offered full-time with classes held Monday to Friday from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. over 4 weeks, or part-time with classes held Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:15 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. over 11 weeks.
Upcoming Start Dates:
May 4, 2020 (4-week full-time)
June 29, 2020 ( 4-week full time)
September 1, 2020 4-week full time)
February 11, 2020 ( Part time 11-weeks)
September 28, 2020 ( Part Time 11-weeks)
The ACE TESOL Certificate Program at London Language Institute is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.