ACE TESOL Certificate
TESOL Certificate Program- Now enrolling Full Time May 3rd, 2021.
Due to COVID-19, this program is currently being delivered online.
The ACE TESOL Certificate Program offered at London Language Institute is an ESL teacher training course with 100 hours of classroom instruction and a 20-hour supervised practicum.
Using the ACE Method, trainees explore teaching, learning and language through task-based, participatory and interactive experiences. The content is based upon the most recent research in language acquisition and language education.
The following topics are covered in the course:
– Teaching and learning theory
– Current methodology
– Lesson and Unit Planning
– Teaching Language Systems (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, functions)
– Language Skills (speaking, listening, writing, reading)
– Testing and Evaluation
– Preparing Students for Standardized Tests (CAEL, TOEFL, TOEIC)
Candidates are assessed on the following: an observation report, grammar knowledge and usage, a unit plan, a lesson plan, and individual teaching. Certification is achieved at a pass, high pass or distinction level.
The ACE TESOL Certificate offered at London Language Institute meets the guidelines of TESL Canada.
At minimum, all applicants must possess a secondary school diploma. It is recommended that applicants possess an undergraduate degree. Applicants without an undergraduate degree may be accepted, but will not qualify for TESL Canada certification.
Non-native speakers of English who wish to apply for TESL Canada Level One Certification must demonstrate English proficiency by one of the following:
- TOEFL iBT: 101 overall with a minimum score of 23 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Speaking and 27 in Writing of 20 in each area
- IELTS: 7.0 overall, with a minimum of 7.0 in each skill area
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from a university in one of the following countries: Canada, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Cameroon, Dominica, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Montserrat, Nigeria, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, Saint Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St.Vincent, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, United Kingdom, United States, Uganda, US Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Potential students may complete an in-house assessment test at LLI, or complete the AP1 level at LLI; however will not qualify for TESL Canada certification unless one of the above-mentioned proficiency requirements are met.
The total cost of the ACE TESOL Certificate program is $1560. Participants will be required to purchase textbooks for the course.
The program is offered full-time with classes held Monday to Friday from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. over 4 weeks, or part-time with classes held Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:15 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. over 11 weeks.
Upcoming Start Dates:
January 4, 2021 (4-week full-time)
February 9, 2021 (11-week part-time)
May 3, 2021 (4-week full-time)
July 5, 2021 (4-week full time)
August 30, 2021 (4-week full time)
October 12, 2021 (11-week part-time)