ACE TESOL Certificate
TESOL Certificate Program- Now enrolling for October 8, 2019 Part Time and Full time January 6, 2020
The ACE TESOL Certificate Program offered at London Language Institute is an ESL teacher training course with 100 hours of classroom instruction and a 20-hour supervised practicum.
Using the ACE Method, trainees explore teaching, learning and language through task-based, participatory and interactive experiences. The content is based upon the most recent research in language acquisition and language education.
The following topics are covered in the course:
– Teaching and learning theory
– Current methodology
– Lesson and Unit Planning
– Teaching Language Systems (grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, functions)
– Language Skills (speaking, listening, writing, reading)
– Testing and Evaluation
– Preparing Students for Standardized Tests (CAEL, TOEFL, TOEIC)
Candidates are assessed on the following: an observation report, grammar knowledge and usage, a unit plan, a lesson plan, and individual teaching. Certification is achieved at a pass, high pass or distinction level.
The ACE TESOL Certificate offered at London Language Institute meets the guidelines of TESL Canada.
At minimum, all applicants must possess a secondary school diploma. It is recommended that applicants possess an undergraduate degree. Applicants without an undergraduate degree may be accepted, but will not qualify for TESL Canada certification.
Non-native speakers of English must have a demonstrated proficiency in the English language, and will be required to provide proof of English proficiency. Applicants whose first language is not English can demonstrate English proficiency through one of the following methods:
– TOEFL iBT – 80 overall with a minimum score of 20 in each area
– IELTS – 6.5 overall, with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill area
– MELAB – 85/speaking test score of 4
– Can Test – Listening, reading, writing 5, speaking 4.5
– CAEL – Band 60 overall with a minimum of 60 in each of the writing and speaking subsets
– Common European Framework – C1
– Canadian Language Benchmarks – CLB 9 in each area
– High school graduation from a Canadian high school, including a minimum Grade 12 English score of 70%
– Completion of an undergraduate degree from a university and program that are administered and delivered in English.
LLI students who have successfully completed the AP1 program may register in the ACE TESOL Certificate program, but will not qualify for TESL Canada certification unless one of the above-mentioned proficiency requirements are met.
The total cost of the ACE TESOL Certificate program is $1500. Participants will be required to purchase textbooks for the course. The cost of the textbooks is $60 (if purchased new).
The program is offered full-time with classes held Monday to Friday from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. over 4 weeks, or part-time with classes held Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:15 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. over 11 weeks.
Upcoming Start Dates:
January 6, 2020 (4-week full-time)
October 8, 2019 ( Part time 11-weeks)
The ACE TESOL Certificate Program at London Language Institute is approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.