LLI’s TVO/ILC High School program enables students to complete all their studies and attain an Ontario Secondary School High School Diploma including literacy testing at the LLI campus.
This flexible and self-directed curriculum can be taken by students 14 years of age and over. It is designed to prepare international students for top university and college placements.
- Students will be able to take all their courses at one of our campuses around the world with the support of a facilitator and a controlled learning environment.
- Students will have the advantage of having both online teaching support and a facilitator at their school who can answer questions and assist them through their learning.
Why choose the LLI TVO/ILC High School program
- Earn credits towards your Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), working at your own pace, from any LLI approved partner school worldwide, in less time than a traditional high school.
- Choose from over 100 engaging, real-world learning courses (with embedded videos, live links) internationally recognized by reputable universities. Qualified and trained Facilitators will be in your classroom to assist in your learning while online teachers are available through the online ILC portal. The FILM model is not an online course. It combines online learning in a controlled classroom environment.
- Experience innovative technology combined with proven teaching techniques, with support and guidance from highly qualified faculty, when you need it.
- Customize your independent course of study to achieve your personal, educational and career goals.
Benefits of the LLI TVO/ILC High School program
- Flexible programming designed to support English as a Second Language students.
- Continuous intake at our main campus in London, Ontario Canada. Overseas campuses have varying start dates.
- LLI can have credit transfers assessed through ILC so that students can have a complete transcript for submission.
- Standardized marking of assessments performed by ILC teachers. Final examinations are administered under strict protocols ensuring that student results are standardized, and easily recognized and accepted by colleges and universities.
- The LLI TVO/ILC High School is cost effective. Students can take up to 8 credits per academic year and only pay for the courses they need.
- Students’ English proficiency will be assessed by Learning Languages Institute via an examination approved by TVO/ILC. No need for TOEFL, CAEL or IELTS testing for admission into this program which can save time and money.
- Students will be provided language support prior to beginning programs to ensure they are starting programs with the English proficiency necessary for success in all subject areas in their high school courses.
- The Ontario Secondary Diploma is a globally recognized Diploma that can be used to apply to post-secondary schools around the world.
FILM (Facilitated Independent Learning Model) programs
LLI offers this program using the FILM model – Facilitated Independent Learning Model. This program combines the best of online leaning with the benefit of a controlled classroom environment. The FILM model assures that students are monitored and have support throughout their program and that marks and examinations are secure and recognized by post-secondary institutions.
The TVO/ILC High School program is offered at our main campus in London, Ontario Canada.
In partnership with the TVO’s Independent Learning Centre (ILC)
Learning Languages Institute has partnered with the TVO Independent Learning Centre (ILC), to provide our international students access to Ontario’s highly acclaimed education system.
Canada’s high school education system is ranked among the best in the world, and ILC’s Ontario secondary school courses are developed by The Ontario Ministry of Education and delivered by Canadian certified faculty. The ILC is Ontario’s largest high school, with more than 20,000 students taking distance-learning courses towards their diploma or as pre-requisites for post-secondary education.
LLI also approves overseas partner schools to offer this program.
One time Registration fee: $150
Material fee: $70
Students are responsible for arranging their own medical insurance before traveling to Canada. Alternatively, LLI can arrange insurance via Guard.me if required.
Attending classes in person and need accommodation? Use our free online calculator to work out the total cost of attending your LLI classes in Canada.
ILC courses can be taken by students 14 years of age and older that have strong English competency. Students applying through Learning Languages Institute will have their language proficiency assessed through our 5 level ESL program.