London ON: it’s all happening here for international students
At the Learning Languages Institute (LLI) our students come to study with us from all across the world. We very much enjoy welcoming international students to London ON to study, to live with local families, and to explore our exciting city and beautiful countryside.
Why study in London Ontario?
When you come to study at LLI you can enjoy the best London ON has on offer, including restaurants, shopping, parks, and museums. You can also explore the natural wonders in our part of Ontario, from the famous Niagara Falls to the lakeside beaches, rolling vineyards, and popular national parks.
Culture and live music London ON
There is always something special happening in London ON. For example, in the next few days in late October, you could be:
- Watching 92 new movies by Southwestern Ontario’s filmmakers at the London Film Festival.
- Chilling out to live jazz at the London Wine Bar.
- Having a laugh with live stand up comedy at Yuk Yuk’s Comedy Club.
- Listening to local bands and enjoying a freshly-brewed craft beer at London Brewing.
- Experiencing “excellence in performance and … revolutionary arts programs to build better communities” at the The Aeolion Hall, from Indie bands and classical artists to pop and choral.
- Watching a live show at the Palace Theatre or historic Grand Theatre.
Sport in Ontario
In Ontario, we love our sport, and we really love our hockey! Discover the speed and excitement of professional ice hockey with London’s own team the London Knights at the Budweiser Gardens. Or cheer on the Western Mustangs football team at the Western University Alumni Stadium. Or try out curling, a game of skill and precision played on sheet ice, at the London Curling Club.
Food and drink
With lots of bars and restaurants to try, you can dine out and enjoy excellent food all year round. For ideas on which restaurants to try, take a look at the online magazine “Local Flavors” here. Or try the “Ultimate Travelling Foodie Crawl” as recommended by London Tourism.
Home stays with the Learning Languages Institute
Many of our international student choose to stay with local families while studying with us. As part of a real Canadian family, you can experience life here with the support and encouragement of a home environment. For more details, see our homestay and LLI residences article.
Need more information?
If you need more information on to study at the Learning Languages Institute, you can:
How to learn English with us
When you study at LLI, you can enjoy living in the community, and also travelling to experience some of Canada’s most incredible sites.
LLI, the Consumers Choice award winner as top language school in London ON for 2019, 2020 and 2021.