The ACE Certificate in Teaching Occupation Specific Language is designed for language instructors who teach English for workplace, occupational and professional contexts.
Why Choose the ACE Certificate in Teaching Occupation Specific Language
- 32+ hours of coursework
- Learn ideas, strategies and tools with which to successfully prepare students to enter the labour market
- Increase your marketability as a language instructor
The ACE Certificate in Teaching Occupation Specific Language covers the following subject areas:
- Introduction to English for Specific Purposes
- Needs Analysis for Occupation Specific Language
- The Four Language Skills for Occupation Specific Language
- Cultural Values and Behaviours for Occupation Specific Language
- Finding and Evaluating Resources for Occupation Specific Language
Students will complete a Task Journal for each of the 16 course modules and submit them on an ongoing basis to their instructor for feedback and assessment.
The instructor will assess the students’ understanding of each module based on the correctness and completeness of their responses in the Task Journals. Tasks include answering discussion and short answer questions, and completing short curriculum design tasks.
The Task Journals comprise 100% of the final grade.
Courses are offered three times per year:
- September 15 to March 15
- January 15 to July 15
- May 15 to November 15
*Note: Each session is 6 months in duration. It is possible to begin mid-session, provided the course is completed prior to session end date.*
EXTRAS FOR ALL TESOL AND POST-TESOL COURSES
One time Registration fee: $150
Material fee: $90
Students are responsible for arranging their own medical insurance before traveling to Canada. Alternatively, LLI can arrange insurance via Guard.me if required.
Attending classes in person and need accommodation? Use our free online calculator to work out the total cost of attending your LLI classes in Canada.
The prerequisite for The ACE Certificate in Teaching Occupation Specific Language is an interest in further expanding knowledge in the areas of workplace, professional and occupational English. Must be a qualified and currently practicing English language teacher to enrol.